Sunday, January 22, 2012

A new boat to me

 So in the spring of 2011 I started looking at bigger boats to upgrade from my 1988 Four Winns 245 Vista. I named the the Vista Blue Ox and started learning the ropes of boating and salmon fishing on Lake Micigan.

 In May I found a 1984 Bayliner Contessa 2850 Fly Bridge named Anticipation.  I bought the boat knowing I would soon be transfterd to Whidbey Island Washington and the PNW. I was looking for a boat that would be good cruing Puget Sound and we could fish from. 

Being an older boat, it needs updating and some repair. I will post pictures and talk about the upgrades as I get them done.


The above picture is of Anticipation in the harbor of Great Lakes Navy base just before we put her on the trailer for the trip to Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment